Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Writing my father's obituary, remembering my mother...

A different and life altering experience, death. When I was a child, I would experience occasional nightmares, of losing both my parents. Today, I am living those nightmares. People experience losing love ones everyday, but each experiences are unique and personal. The emotion is difficult to explain, and the feeling of emptiness, difficult to fill, if not impossible.
Each moments I spent, remembering my father, is difficult. I cherished the beautiful memories, I had with my parents. My father was not emotional or expressive, but he makes you feel loved. He was very protective, and a very good provider. My mother was the opposite. She was very charming, warm and expressive with her affections.They were married for more than sixty years, till my mother's passing four years ago. I know my father never recovered from my mother's death, because he never "smiled" again.

No comments:

Post a Comment