Thursday, January 15, 2009

Please visit my other blogs, write to me. You are important!!!!

           I encouraged you to write and share your thoughts about today. You donot need to disclose your name. I remember last October, 2008, while I was "dining" at one of the fast food restaurants in Hanover; A complete stranger started conversing and  encouraging me to go out and vote; It started our thirty minutes or more of   sharing stories. The stranger told me that he was afraid to campaign openly for Obama. I asked him why ?
He said and I quote, " I have a daughter and family." I retorted, " So do I !" Our conversation enlightened me.
           I felt nervous opening my mouth especially writing ( I have pen names ); I was an activist for many years and I personally experienced threats and harassments. I felt nervousness but not fear. I am nervous because sometimes, the repercussions is not directed towards you, but to people close to you. I learned to develop positive thoughts and words. I am blunt. But, through the years I "mellowed" down, trimming and toning words, I employed in my activism. These current economic crisis encouraged me to write and open my mouth again. I am half a century wiser. If someone,will hurt me or my family, I thought....... I wrote down a list of my possible "detractors/destroyers", not many- The truth shall set us free, more than that....the truth will equip you with sound zzzzzzzzzzzz and peace.
 
Visit my blog news at http://newsandissuesctrp.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment